Do you have a wonderful collection of sound effects, or are you an audio producer? Do you want to sell audio files online? Have you considered putting your audio files and sound effects up for sale on the internet?
Of course, there are a variety of ways to sell audio clips on the internet. However, if all you think about when it comes to selling soundtracks and sound effects is iTunes or Soundcloud, you may be missing out on some unique options.
Did you realize that Flagon Digital that specializes in selling code & plugins and graphics also sell soundtracks? For both buyers and sellers, this is a market that is yet relatively untapped.
The good news for digital audio file creators is that our agency is getting into selling soundtracks. This should result in increased sales as the need for them grows in a world that is becoming increasingly multimedia-intensive.
Let's get started.
First and foremost, you'll discover how to get your audio recordings ready to be approved by Flagon Digital marketplace. Finally, you'll be able to monitor what types of sound files and music are currently popular, allowing you to tailor your material accordingly.
WAV? AIFF? HOW DO I PREPARE AUDIO FILES TO SELL ONLINE?
Our customers should have a good experience when buying your audio files. To sell audio files, we have to, first of all, prepare them to be ready for use.
Perhaps your studio is littered with thousands of tracks, or maybe you're just getting started with audio recording and aren't sure what settings to use. In either case, you'll want to make sure your files have the best possibility of getting accepted – and resulting in sales.
If you follow these broad standards, you'll be in good shape to submit audio to the Flagon Digital marketplace.
AUDIO FILE PREPARATION GUIDELINES
The sort of equipment required to create sound effects or music has no precise criteria. As a result, selling music online has a very cheap entry cost and is widely accessible. You might be able to capture sound effects using your existing iPhone or the built-in microphone of your DSLR/Mirrorless camera. Alternatively, you might use a quality USB microphone with your laptop. Whatever strategy you take, as long as the audio quality meets the following parameters, you should be good.
- Sound effects should be at least 5 seconds long.
- 320 kbps bit rate
- 16-bit stereo, 44.1 kHz sample rate
- Depending on the agency, the file type will be WAV or MP3 (or both).
It may make slight modifications to this, such requirement to attach a thumbnail jpeg or png image. However, if you follow these file preparation rules, you should have no problems getting your work accepted.
The list of audio editing software to help you with conversion and sound editing
- Audacity Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Audacity can edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3, Ogg Vorbis sound files. AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA, Opus and other formats supported using optional libraries. Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- SOUND FORGE Audio Studio with the ability to record at 24-bit/192kHz, expect astounding audio clarity. With the ability to edit down to the sample level, expect absolute audio precision
- OcenAudio Easy, fast and powerful audio editor
You'll need to think about a Title, Description, and some Keywords for your audio files in addition to the suitable file type.
WHAT TYPES OF AUDIO FILES ARE SUITABLE FOR SALE ONLINE?
While you undoubtedly have your style and topic matter, you also want to make money.
As a result, you must strike a balance between creating what you enjoy and are skilled at, as well as what is in demand.
- What types of sound files are required?
- What Types Of sound Files Are Popular On The Internet?
- There is a high demand for both sound effects and music tracks.
As a result, the key is to begin thinking like a buyer. Consider the following questions:
- Is there any chance I could use this clip/track commercially?
- Is it distinct from the competition?
- Is there an apparent use or purpose for it?
- Could I envision hearing this on the internet, radio, TV, or a podcast, for example?
Answering those questions is an excellent place to start when trying to figure out what will sell. There's more, though, that can help you along the path.
WHAT MUSIC IS ALL ABOUT
There is a high need for well-crafted motivational music to accompany business videos, YouTube videos, and other similar media. While you can record whatever you want, keep in mind that pleasant tones and uplifting tunes will always outsell dark tracks. Tracks with no vocals are also more likely to be used since they are more versatile.
The following are some of the most popular music genres:
- Folk / Acoustic Hip-hop / Urban Cinematic Ambient Corporate Drum & Bass Folk/ Acoustic Hip-hop / Urban
- Play to your strengths, be unique, and always consider the end-user — your music must have a clear purpose to be financially viable.
Effects can be used for almost anything. You can sell it if you can hear it! However, remember to keep the purpose in mind so that the clip will benefit a buyer. Any additional ambient audio should be limited or removed, and your sound effects should be clean and clear.
Sound effects can be classified into a variety of (many) categories, including:
- Transitions / Movements Buttons in the Game
- Sounds from nature and sounds from industry
These sound effects may be everywhere around you. Consider what you hear regularly and whether it would make a good sound effect.
START RECORDING AND SELLING IMMEDIATELY.
Selling audio files and sound effects online can be a terrific way to add variety to a portfolio that already includes photographs and vectors. However, it can also be a means for emerging artists to earn money online passively. Because there is such a minimal amount of equipment required, it is accessible to almost everyone with an interest in audio. Even better, the market hasn't reached saturation yet. So, if you believe you have what it takes, start selling your audio recordings online right now!